Thursday, July 21, 2011

Discipleship

I am so blessed to belong to a church that believes in DISCIPLESHIP.  In this day & age, I don't consider it enough to just be called "a Christian."  Many people claim that title, but how many are truly disciplined followers of Christ?

I am just about done with level 3 (called "CIA") of our church's intensive discipleship program called "Operation: Solid Lives" and it is all about the Word of God:  What it is, where it came from, how to use it and to lose it (if you're not careful).  Our discipleship classes were developed by my mentor and senior pastor Jerry Dirmann of "The Rock" (Anaheim Foursquare).  

I love our OSL classes because God always does something unexpected and life-changing during the 6 weeks of fasting, consecration and learning.  In this class, God truly gave me a renewed desire to become devout student of excellent teaching and excellent leadership.  He re-kindled in me a passion for life-long learning.  After all, if we're not humbling ourselves to quality mentoring and learning - we are not growing.  And if we're not growing, we are not producing fruit for our Father and His Kingdom. 

If you're a Believer and you've never taken a discipleship class, I encourage you to jump in.  I encourage you to become a disciplined & fruitful follower of the Lord Jesus Christ.  You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment